Hmmm… I can’t think of any, can you?
Well the truth is in a way stress can be good for you. It prepares you for situations you normally don’t deal with. Exercising can be stressful to the body but the body learns to adapt. As you can see some stress is ok and helpful but for the most part, it’s not good. Here are some signs of stress.
Emotional signs of stress include:
- Becoming easily agitated, frustrated and moody
- Feeling overwhelmed, like you are losing control or need to take control
- Having difficulty relaxing and quieting your mind
- Feeling bad about yourself (low self-esteem), lonely, worthless, and depressed
- Avoiding others
Physical signs of stress include:
- Low energy
- Increased blood pressure
- Upset stomach, including diarrhoea, constipation, and nausea
- Aches, pains, and tense muscles
- Chest pain and rapid heartbeat
- Frequent colds and infections
- Loss of sexual desire and/or ability
- Nervousness and shaking, ringing in the ear
- Cold or sweaty hands and feet
- Excess sweating
- Dry mouth and difficulty swallowing
- Clenched jaw and grinding teeth
- skin conditions
Pamper yourself, how? You can have a spa day at home, how?
- Draw a bubble bath
- Have a facial (I recommend mint or mineral mask. I sometimes mix both)
- Use eye cream. refrigerate to have a cool sensation and reduce puffiness.
- Put on some music
- Remember there are some things we can’t control, so do sweat it.
- Speaking of sweating, exercise helps reduce stress. Think about it, once you are do you want to crash and go nite, nite
- Pets are awesome for this
- Spend time with kids and love ones
- Take a day yo do nothing
- Spend time outside and be one with nature
- Get crafty
- Cook your favorite meal
- Take your vitamins and get natural energy boosters
- Spritz or splash on some smell good (fragrances)
- Go out with some friends
- Read the bible or a favorite book
- Take a mini-cation (mini vacation)
- Do some art
- rebuild or build something
I hope you found this article helpful and remember only you can take care of you. Be well, be happy and show some self love.